hospitalitynet: I-AM Hospitality Trends
A hospitality trends survey commissioned by a leading London-based international branding and interior design agency has revealed that 88 per cent of people staying in hotels would like to reserve, check in and check out through a mobile app.
The survey, entitled ‘Exploring The Future of Hospitality’ and recently unveiled by I-AM, also reports that 77 per cent of people would like to request room service or other facilities through an app.
Other key findings include:
- 80 per cent of people would like to take virtual tours of hotels before booking
- 91 per cent of people would like the ability to choose their hotel room as they would a seat on an airplane
- 85 per cent of respondents think hotels should provide them with the opportunity to link their streaming devices such as Spotify or Netflix
- 95 per cent believe the hotel has a responsibility to introduce them to local culture
- 94 per cent would like their hotel to provide them with an itinerary of places to visit depending on their interests
Commenting on the report, I-AM Group Partner, Pete Champion, said: “People are travelling and moving around more than ever before, and this has allowed for a new breed of players to think about how to provide hospitable experiences on the move.
“Transport providers are taking cues from hotels to provide novel and comfortable experiences. This, combined with the popularity of sharing economy services like Airbnb, may begin to take some of the hotel industry’s market share away. Hoteliers need to begin thinking about how they can weigh in and possibly collaborate on projects outside of their permanent sites.”
Mr Champion added: “Consumers are requesting more control at all levels of their hotel experience. They want to build their own packages, receive transparency about costs, and cater their activities to their own interests and this is happening at many levels of the market, from budget to luxury.”
I-AM, headquartered in Shoreditch and with overseas offices in Istanbul, Dubai and Mumbai, has a portfolio of clients in many sectors including food and drink, banking, fashion, retail estate, telecom and tech, showrooms, education, transport and destinations.
The survey was conducted among 500 people aged 20 to 35 in the UK, Germany and France.
The Winter 2017 report can be downloaded at I-AM Shift – I-AM’s interactive trends and insights portal that explores the trends set to transform the hospitality sector: https://www.i-amshift.com/home
Phone: 07921 511155
Published By Hospitalitynet on 19th February 2018